Course Overview: A level 3 award in nutrition, geared to support physical activity. Aimed at anyone who wishes to learn more about dietary and nutritional principles, linked to optimising your training, helping you gain the most out of physical activity.
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised and giving nutritional guidance alongside their personal training.
This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
- 3 x study sessions, online with a teacher.
- Online resources via the students portal; Studentzone
- 24/7 access to student zone
- Course completion in approx. 3 weeks
- Certificates issued after successful completion and submission of your course portfolio
- Client interview
- Portfolio of work
- Monitoring and evaluation of client goals
- Multiple choice theory paper
- Understanding the principles of nutrition
- Understanding the influence of nutrition on health
- Understanding key nutritional guidelines and evidence-based recommendations and how they can be applied to individual clients
- Understanding the relationship between nutrition and physical activity
- Understanding how to collect information relating to nutrition
- Understanding how to use nutritional information
- Be able to identify and analyse nutritional information to identify clients dietary habits
- Be able to apply the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme